HeroesUnited
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Save Heroes, and Save the World! ~ Join the Movement ~ Event Sign ups by Location ~ Don't just petition, get involved.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Gallery
NBC SCAPS HEROES MOVIE! Empty
Latest topics
» Heroes fan fiction
NBC SCAPS HEROES MOVIE! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 5:17 am by abbeyrose92

» HEROES to return to XBOX LIVE / Folding 1,000 Paper Cranes Event For Heroes
NBC SCAPS HEROES MOVIE! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 5:23 pm by Heroes United

» News and Updates
NBC SCAPS HEROES MOVIE! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 1:19 am by Heroes United

» News from Kring, such as it is.
NBC SCAPS HEROES MOVIE! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 2:19 pm by Heroes United

» Create your own Twibbon
NBC SCAPS HEROES MOVIE! I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 3:33 pm by Heroes United

» Tim Kring Reaches Out to 45 million fans.
NBC SCAPS HEROES MOVIE! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:41 pm by SiniZ

» Just to clarify some things.
NBC SCAPS HEROES MOVIE! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 9:17 pm by PetrelliByNature

» Color Up Our Site!!
NBC SCAPS HEROES MOVIE! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 3:38 pm by Pete4L

» How to sign up
NBC SCAPS HEROES MOVIE! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 2:10 pm by HadeelSylar

Translator

Forum
Facebook Comments
Affiliates
free forum

NBC SCAPS HEROES MOVIE!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
polybi
polybi

PostSubject: NBC SCAPS HEROES MOVIE!   NBC SCAPS HEROES MOVIE! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 7:17 pm

Any "Heroes" fans left hoping to see things wrapped up will be disappointed to know that NBC has scrapped plans to air a TV movie based on the sci-fi series.

During the first two seasons the show averaged around 14 million viewers at the height of its popularity in 2006. The last episode aired in Feb. 2010 when it was down to just 4 million viewers. It was officially put out of its misery in May when NBC announced its cancellation. Even some of show's most devout fans weren't sad to see the show go as the quality seemed to diminish with each subsequent season. Still, others wanted it to get at least one more season to try to redeem itself.

Immediately after it was canceled there was talk that NBC would allow creator Tim Kring to go ahead with plans for a TV movie that would tie up any loose ends. Back in June, Kring spoke to TV Guide about the plot line for the possible miniseries. He revealed that they would jump ahead a year in time to show the results of Claire's (Hayden Panettiere) revelation of her super powers to the world, which would cause her to become a reluctant spokesperson for the group of heroes. Sylar (Zachary Quinto) would also continue his inner struggle between good and evil, while star Adrian Pasdar would make a return appearance, but not as his already deceased character Nathan. At the time Kring also maintained that all of the stars were already onboard for the project.

Although NBC has yet to offer any official comment, EW has confirmed via an inside source that the peacock network has squashed plans for any future "Heroes"-related programming.

Still, Tim Kring has remained optimistic about a possible revival of the show in the future hoping that due to its format "Heroes" could live on online or in some other forum -- just not on NBC.

This is the second time in recent months that NBC has rebuffed Kring. He sold a script to them for the 2010-2011 season titled "III," that revolved around the invasion of the U.S.during a third world war. However, it never made it past the development stage.

Although it could be debated that the show upped its quality for what would be its last season, there's no doubt that the series never lived up to the potential it showed during the first season, squandering the goodwill it once had with fans. Understandably, the ratings didn't qualify for a renewal, but the series (and Tim Kring) could have redeemed themselves quite a bit with a movie or miniseries done the right way. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like that will happen any time soon.
Back to top Go down
http://heroesfirst.blogspot.com/
Heroes United
Administator
Administator
Heroes United

PostSubject: Re: NBC SCAPS HEROES MOVIE!   NBC SCAPS HEROES MOVIE! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 8:45 pm

well said polybi~ thank you for posting your artical. please read up on the forum here you will find it enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeroesUnited#!/group.php?gid=14602123541

NBC SCAPS HEROES MOVIE!
Page 1 of 1