HeroesUnited
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Save Heroes, and Save the World! ~ Join the Movement ~ Event Sign ups by Location ~ Don't just petition, get involved.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Gallery
Just to clarify some things. Empty
Latest topics
» Heroes fan fiction
Just to clarify some things. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 5:17 am by abbeyrose92

» HEROES to return to XBOX LIVE / Folding 1,000 Paper Cranes Event For Heroes
Just to clarify some things. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 5:23 pm by Heroes United

» News and Updates
Just to clarify some things. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 1:19 am by Heroes United

» News from Kring, such as it is.
Just to clarify some things. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 2:19 pm by Heroes United

» Create your own Twibbon
Just to clarify some things. I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 3:33 pm by Heroes United

» Tim Kring Reaches Out to 45 million fans.
Just to clarify some things. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:41 pm by SiniZ

» Just to clarify some things.
Just to clarify some things. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 9:17 pm by PetrelliByNature

» Color Up Our Site!!
Just to clarify some things. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 3:38 pm by Pete4L

» How to sign up
Just to clarify some things. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 2:10 pm by HadeelSylar

Translator

Forum
Facebook Comments
Affiliates
free forum

Just to clarify some things.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PetrelliByNature
Administator
Administator
PetrelliByNature

PostSubject: Just to clarify some things.   Just to clarify some things. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 4:33 pm

I'm probably not going to be the most popular person in this group after this message, but there are some things that need to be clarified.

1) Heroes was canceled because of two things: low ratings and the sheer number of new shows that NBC had lined up. Simply stated: Low ratings = low ad revenue + most expensive show on the network to produce = cancellation. It was NOT canceled because of a law suit. Also, most likely the lawsuit can not be talked about by either the network or Kring or the show, and by bringing up this lawsuit, we are only putting a spotlight on something that is embarassing to Kring and to the show, and by getting involved and informing the entire fandom of what went on, if anything, we are doing more harm than good.

2) ComCast will officially take over NBC/Universal on January 1, 2011. They have been making changes in the staff as part of the transition. As matters stand, both NBC and ComCast are far too busy with the transition and are not going to pay attention to us right now. As to ComCast taking over, trust me. Kring has that taken care of.

The best thing we can do right now is what this group was started to do: unite the fandom, give all the major fan groups a place to gather, watch the show on G4 or wherever we can, and get petitions ready to support Kring when ComCast takes over fully.

~PbN.
Back to top Go down
http://www.housepetrelli.com/default.asp?Category=19
Heroes United
Administator
Administator
Heroes United

PostSubject: Re: Just to clarify some things.   Just to clarify some things. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 5:14 pm

PetrelliByNature wrote:
I'm probably not going to be the most popular person in this group after this message, but there are some things that need to be clarified.
~PbN.

Thank you for the information, and I do respect your opinion and understand why you feel the way you do.

Just to Clarify:

1) I am not out to make a bad name for NBC, I am out to get people involved in Saving Heroes, in a United Effort.

2) Everyone contributes in thier own way, with thier own approach. The Lawsuit is brought up among us as Fandom Leaders and Supporters to Understand and answer Questions our Members may Have. So they can focus their attention where it does matter.

3) Members wishing to write Season 5 and help in Role Playing it.. need to know what they can and can't write. It can take Months to write a Season and even longer when you are on your own. To have it thrown out or not submitted because they were not informed of the rules would be unfortunate if it can be avoided by research.

4) Simply, We need to put together a team of researchers, and that requires finding members that are skilled at understanding the material.

5) There is still #HeroesHope.. This Lawsuit does not effect other parts of Our Forum.. but is still very important to some of us who are writing. Knowing NBC cannot talk about it.. means that we have to find the answers elsewhere. It doesn't mean we don't understand why. We always support our #Heroes and where they came from.

~CC
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeroesUnited#!/group.php?gid=14602123541
Matthew Roy
Administator
Administator
Matthew Roy

PostSubject: Re: Just to clarify some things.   Just to clarify some things. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 5:58 am

You rite!!.. Thanks for clearing that.
Back to top Go down
http://matthewroy36@hotmail.com
PetrelliByNature
Administator
Administator
PetrelliByNature

PostSubject: Re: Just to clarify some things.   Just to clarify some things. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 9:17 pm

I finally got a response from Kring in this matter:

"I have not heard a thing about this lawsuit since it was spoken about on the internet this past summer, I believe (?). I don't even know if it's been dropped, dismissed or been settled yet. I doubt anyone would bother telling me one way or the other. I am, however, positive that it is not holding up the largest merger in the history of media. That would be taking conspiracy theories to new heights."

This tells us two things. One, either nothing is happening with this lawsuit, or if anything it, it's nothing that needs to be worried about since one of the main defendants doesn't know what's going on. Two, The ComCast/NBC merger is not being held up by this lawsuit.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.housepetrelli.com/default.asp?Category=19
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just to clarify some things.   Just to clarify some things. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just to clarify some things.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HeroesUnited :: Heroes United Topics Forum :: News-
Jump to: